2. MSP group of companies?
As you already aware your contract is with MSP Systems Ltd a UK based company. MSP also have two branches in India. MSP Software PVT Ltd and MSP Concepts PVT Ltd :
- MSP Systems Ltd- Provided or will provide you with Hardware and or software to operate your business.
- MSP Software PVT Ltd (India)- Provided or provide you support for the application you operate.
- MSP IT Concepts PVT Ltd (India)- Provide services to you such as media, web services and web
3. When do we collect personal information?
We collect your information in a number of instances, including when you:
- You contact us to enquire about our product and services.
- When you become a client that has acquired services from us.
- When you call us for support and help.
- When you visit us.
- When you call us for any other reason where we require details to assist you.
We also collect your personal information when our suppliers and partners – e.g. Symbol groups, Chip and Pin providers and any other suppliers – share information with us about the product or service you have purchased.
4. What business/personal information we collect and why?
The personal information that we collect about you are:
- Your/Company/Partnership name
- If it is sole trader then you name.
- If it is a Limited company then the Director’s Name
- If it is Partnership then all partners names
- Your registered address and trading address.
- Your telephone and email address
- Any other contacts telephone numbers and email address that is given.
- Any IP addresses or connectivity tool details to log into your system remotely.
Such details are necessary for us to:
- Provide you with a quotation.
- Process your orders including sending order confirmation and delivery information via email or text message.
or process payments due to us.
- Contact you about balances, invoices, charges, support and any products services that we have.
- Understand your needs and listen to your feedback.
- Register your details as a new client.
- Manage and process your charges/maintenance;
- Send you new bulletins with information about new products and services.
- Respond to any issues or queries.
- Conduct analytics to understand how our services can be imporved.
- Notify you about changes to our service.
Third party information provided to us.
Some third party suppliers or companies provide us information about you. Such information is required for us to set you as a client and for the application to run in liaising with your suppliers or services your suppliers have provided. In Some instances suppliers provide us with information to contact you in order for us to sell our product and services to you before you become one of our clients.
Where we have obtained your information from various sources, we may combine this information in certain circumstances in order to enhance our understanding of your requirements and preferences in relation to our products and services. This is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests to ensure that we provide you the most appropriate offers for products and services.
We will use your information for sales, supply support and financial analysis purposes, to determine how we are performing and where improvements can be made. This is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in understanding how our business is performing, and considering how to improve our performance.
5. Who do we share your personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- To all MSP group of companies and its employees as listed above.
- To any supplier that you are affiliated with.
- To our hardware maintenance company for them to service you when you require attendance to repair and or remedy any hardware and or software issues.
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights or apply our Terms and Conditions, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Where we share your information with third party service providers and partners we apply a policy to ensure your information is safe and in order to protect your privacy. Our policy requires:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of your personal information held by them will either be deleted or
rendered anonymous (subject to applicable law).
6. Legal basis for processing information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the information described above will depend on the information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect information from you only (i) where we need the information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. If we ask you to provide information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
7. How do we keep your information secure
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Specific measures we use include:
- Keeping your information up-to-date and accurate. Please note that, to do this, we require you to tell us if any of your details such as your name or address change; and
- Having in place strict security procedures for the storage and disclosure of your information to prevent unauthorised access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet (including emails) is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to and/or through our Websites and Apps; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
8. International data transfers
Your information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of the UK. But the information is only supplied to our group of companies and as such we ensure that the policies applied are in line with UK legislation.
9. Data retention
We retain information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
10. Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your information, ask us to restrict processing of your information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- We do not carry out marketing, cold calling or call/email you for any marketing. We only provide you a periodical newsletter that provides you information about our development, new features and anyimportant information affecting our services. If you wish you stop such newsletter been sent out you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- You can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
12. How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the following address MSP Systems Ltd Devonshire House Manor Way Borehamwood Hertfordshire Tel: +44 20 8953 3962 email@example.com